Upload 3D Modell do I something wrong?

SKETCHFAB obj
Is anyone be able to download this object?
Chocolate truffle
I tried out everything but I’m not be able to upload the texture.
I read different articles but I wasn’t be able to find a solution.

• I upload the zip file
  • I uplod the unzipped folders
  • I uploaded the obj and the textures together
  • I upload only the obj file
    Does anyone has an idea or a solution?

I have lesser problems with fbj files
Zip is not always working.

2 Likes

Hello @astrid_hulsebosch, the file uploaded in sketchfab doesn’t have mtl file to indicate where to find texture. I created via Blender 3D the correct file.
Hope this helps,
Giuseppe

lacioccolatafamale.zip (1.9 MB)

3 Likes

Wow thanks Giuseppe. So if I understand well in the downloadable file in Sketchfab an element was missing. Is this right?
This could be one of the solutions why several times we can’t upload a file in CoSpaces.
It has nothing todo with CoSpaces but file the ‘original’ file.
Another questions is it possibile to find 3D modells in Blender (free to use) ? I always thought Blender is only to create 3D modells.
Thanks for your attention

1 Like

Yes Astrid, sometimes (I don’t know why) someone don’t insert the .mtl file in Sketchfab.
Blender 3D is great not only for model creation but also for 3d and 2d animation, motion tracking, video editing, gaming… and also to fix 3D models. Here a link to download free .blend models: free3D.
Hope this helps
Bye, Giuseppe

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hi @astrid_hulsebosch ,if you want you can find 3d models also from tinkercad (gallery); it’s free and you can export models with extension obj, stl, svg.

2 Likes

Thanks for suggests, you are great !!!

2 Likes

@astrid_hulsebosch your screenshot looks very interesting :heart_eyes:… what’s in store for us in the near future?

2 Likes

Great suggestion @Daniix :hugs:

2 Likes

Nice question ! I’m creating a tutorial about uploading 3D modellls in CoSpaces

1. How to do
  2. What can happen
  3. Some suggestions where you can find 3D modells ( Sketchfab, Free 3D, Clara.io) and you both suggested Blender and Tinkercad which I will explore in these days. The tutorial will be in italian.
2 Likes

@Giuseppe the Blender gallery is Free3D ? :thinking:

1 Like